NEW for Comprehensive Prevention, Prevention Through Mentoring, and Youth Development providers:
Getting a grant from SAMHSA? SAMHSA Manual: Developing Competitive SAMHSA Grant Applications
Physicians only need to ask one question to screen their patients. NIAAA: Helping Patients Who Drink Too Much.
- The Treatment Improvement Exchange (TIE) is a resource from the Center for Substance Abuse Treatment to provide information exchange between CSAT staff and State and local alcohol and substance abuse agencies.
- Addiction Treatment Forum Since 1992, Addiction Treatment Forum has reported on substance abuse and addiction research, therapies, news, and events of interest to both healthcare professionals and patients.
- National Association of Addiction Treatment Providers (NAATP)
- National Association of Alcoholism & Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC)
- The Iowa Substance Abuse Information Center (ISAIC) was established as a special service of the Cedar Rapids Public Library.
- Join Together Online offers news stories, information on funding and resources.
- The National Clearinghouse for Alcohol and Drug Information
- The Web of Addictions
- Talking with kids about tough issues
- Prairielands Addiction Technology Transfer Center
- DRUGNET has resouces for treatment, prevention, research, assessment, and includes a message board
- Addiction Treatment Forum
Since 1992, Addiction Treatment Forum has
reported on substance abuse and addiction research, therapies, news, and
events of interest to both healthcare professionals and patients
- Betty Ford Center is a renown
treatment and research center for alcoholism and other drug addiction,
providing services and information to activists, organizations, and people
- CSAT Technical Assistance Publications (TAPS) are
publications, manuals, and guides developed to offer practical responses to
emerging issues and concerns in the substance abuse treatment field.
- CSAT Treatment Improvement Protocols (TIPS)
are best practice guidelines for the treatment of substance abuse across
Drug Strategies promotes more
effective approaches to the nation's drug problems through prevention,
treatment, and appropriate law enforcement
Easy Does It is a charitable
organization assisting people in recovery and community groups with basic
needs, social services referral, and advocacy information and training.
- Focused Treatment Systems is a web resource for
information about alcohol
and drug abuse treatment, featuring SAGE, the only Virtual Community on the
web dedicated to substance abuse treatment from the professional's point of view
Hazelden is a nationally-recognized
treatment center and a primary advocate and organizer of the recovery
- The Iowa Substance Abuse Information Center (ISAIC)
was established as a special service of the Cedar Rapids Public Library.
National Association of State Alcohol and Drug Abuse
Directors fosters the development of alcohol and
drug addiction program capabilities in each state, facilitates the
interstate exchange of information and program activities, and assists the
federal and state governments in the creation of alcohol and drug addiction
- The National Clearinghouse for Alcohol and Drug Information.
- Parenting is prevention
offers information, tips, and links for parents.
Partnership for Recovery is a
public information alliance of the nation's leading alcohol and drug
addiction treatment providers. Their website contains updates on the
political and health care issues of addiction treatment and recovery and is
a good source for advocacy tools and information.
Phoenix House is a leading
addiction treatment service organization for adolescents and adults,
operating programs and treatment facilities across the country. Phoenix
House also conducts research on addiction and the effects of parental
substance abuse on youths and families.
Prairielands Addiction Technology Transfer Center.
PrevLine is a clearinghouse for
publications, research, databases, and funding on alcohol and drug
prevention, sponsored by the Center for Substance Abuse Prevention.
is their new
campaign to help communities address youth marijuana use and its presence in
Robert Wood Johnson Foundation is a
prominent grantor and resource in the alcohol and drug addiction field.
Syracuse Behavioral Healthcare , a
coalition of New York state treatment and recovery organizations, has online
national news and resources on the public policy, criminal justice, and
legal issues of addiction.
- Talking with kids about tough issues.
Therapeutic Communities of America (TCA)
is an association of addiction treatment organizations
working together to promote the understanding of the self-help methodology;
their website contains a list of publications and an index of articles from
the TCA newsletter.
- Treatment Improvement Exchange
, sponsored by
SAMHSA , is a one-stop web center
for information and support for advocacy groups and alcohol & drug addiction
Hope is a nationally-recognized organization
providing addiction treatment services and information on recovery.
- Virginia Alliance of Methadone Advocates
cooperatively works for greater public understanding and
acceptance of methadone treatment, preservation of patient's dignity, and
improving treatment availability.
Web of Addictions is dedicated to
correcting misinformation on drug and alcohol addiction on the web through
news features, facts sheets, resource materials, and links.
Wisconsin Substance Abuse Services
website describes some innovative programs and policies with links to
resources, publications, and trainings.
Youth Media Campaign is a website
of the President's Office on the National
Drug Control Policy with information and press
contacts, especially for young people.
Alcohol & Drug Abuse Treatment, find information on alcohol treatment,
help with drug abuse, and more.
Medical Assisted Treatment of America is a site that aims to raise
awareness and understanding of substance abuse, the problems it creates,
and the ways to deal with these problems.
Medical Assisted Treatment State Chapters of America is an extension of
Medical Assisted Treatment of America